1. How many requests for EHCP assessments have been made in 23/07/2018-23/07/2019?
2. How many plans were created in this period
3. How many assessments were refused at initial request?
4. How many plans were released after the statutory 20 week deadline?
5. How much was spent on EHCP mediation during 23/07/2018-23/07/2019?
6. How many EHCP mediation sessions were completed?
7. How many applications for appeal to first tier tribunal regarding change to content or name of provision in an EHCP were lodged during 23/07/2018-23/07/2019?
8. How many first tier tribunals went ahead?
9. How many were in favour of the LA?
10. What was the cost to the LA of processing the paperwork involved with, and attending tribunals during 23/07/2018-23/07/2019?
1. 283 requests for initial assessment were made in the specified period
2. 175 Draft Education Care Plans were created in the specified period
200 Education Care Plans were finalised in the specified period
Please note some of these would have started before 23 July 2018
3. 95 in the specified period
4. 45 EHCPs completed in the specified period were released after the statutory deadline. Please note some of these would have started before 23 July 2018.
9. None (3 are still ongoing)
10. Information not held in an identifiable form as this work would be part of the administrative duties of the Administrative Assistant for Special Educational Needs Services.
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your FOI request you can pursue an Internal Review by contacting us using the above email address. Your request will be considered by the Strategic Lead for Information Management who will update you with the outcome of the review.
If you remain unhappy following the outcome of your Internal Review you may wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), details of this organisation can be found at www.ico.org.uk . Please be advised that the ICO will not consider your case until they have confirmation that you have already been through the Internal Review stage with the council.