1. For purposes of decision-taking (determining planning applications), is the Authority currently able to demonstrate a five-year supply of deliverable housing sites (with the appropriate buffer, as set out in paragraph 73 of the National Planning Policy Framework?
2. What is the level (expressed in years) of the council’s current supply of deliverable housing sites?
3. What is the appropriate buffer applicable to the council’s supply?
4. Has a Planning Inspector or Inspectors confirmed, rejected or determined the current position referred to in Questions 1 and 2 in determining any appeals?
5. If so, would you please be kind enough to provide the appeal reference number(s)?
6. When is the authority’s new local development plan anticipated to be ready to be adopted?
2. The Council’s latest position is set out in the ‘Five Year Housing Land Supply Position Statement – July 2016’ that can be viewed at: https://www.thurrock.gov.uk/sites/default/files/assets/documents/housing-land-supply-201607-v03.pdf
It is acknowledged that this document is out of date and the Council intends to publish an up-to-date position statement in June 2020.
3. A 20% buffer
4. A number of recent appeals have referred to the 5 Housing Land Supply
5. Built Up Areas
APP/M1595/W/18/3218679 - Dismissed
APP/M1595/W/19/3234319 - Dismissed
APP/M1595/W/19/3234264 - Dismissed
APP/M1595/W/19/3226476 - Dismissed
APP/M1595/W/19/3231533 - Dismissed
APP/M1595/W/19/3234625 - Dismissed
APP/M1595/W/19/3226259 - Dismissed
APP/M1595/W/19/3235740 - Dismissed
APP/M1595/W/17/3188665 - Dismissed
APP/M1595/W/19/3227948 - Dismissed
6. It is currently anticipated that the Local Plan will be adopted in 2023/24
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.