1. Please could you tell me if any facial recognition CCTV systems have been introduced in the borough?
2. If they are in use, please tell me the number of cameras and the location?
3. If they have not been introduced, please could you tell me if there are any plans to introduce them in the near future?
4. Please could you tell me the name of the company which does / will in future supply the council with facial recognition cameras?
5. Please tell me the amount the council has spent on purchasing facial recognition technology and / or exploring the use of facial recognition technology?
1. Thurrock Council does not have any facial recognition CCTV systems.
3, There are no plans to introduce facial recognition CCTV systems in the near future.
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your request you can pursue an independent review by contacting us at the above address and your request will be considered by the Information Manager who will update you with the outcome.
You may also wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office, details of this organisation can be found at www.ico.org.uk . Alternatively they can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.