1. The total number of lock-up domestic garages owned by the council.
2. The total number of these garages that are currently empty.
3. The total number that are currently let to council estate residents.
4. The total number that are commercially let.
5. The estimated total space in sq ft of all the council-owned garages.
1. The Council has 2500 garages across the borough.
2. There are currently 700 void garages.
3. There are currently 961 garages let to social housing tenants.
4. There are 23 garages that are commercially let.
5. Each garage is approximately 816 cubic feet in size.
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your FOI request you can pursue an Internal Review by contacting us using the above email address. Your request will be considered by the Strategic Lead for Information Management who will update you with the outcome of the review.
If you remain unhappy following the outcome of your Internal Review you may wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), details of this organisation can be found at www.ico.org.uk . Please be advised that the ICO will not consider your case until they have confirmation that you have already been through the Internal Review stage with the council.