I am writing to you today regarding the procurement of First Aid Training services within the council/ This could be namely 'First Aid at Work', 'Emergency First Aid at Work', 'Paediatric First Aid', 'Emergency Paediatric First Aid', or other related training that distinctly includes the phrase 'First Aid'.
1. Was the provision of the above training the subject of a framework or contract process?
2. Could you provide a list of Suppliers who applied for inclusion on each framework/contract and were successful & not successful at the PQQ & ITT stages*
3. Contract values of each framework/contract (& any sub lots), year to date
4. Is there an extension clause in the framework(s)/contract(s) and, if so, the duration of the extension?
5. Has a decision been made yet on whether the framework(s)/contract(s) are being either extended or renewed?
6. Who is the senior officer (outside of procurement) responsible for this contract?
7. Could you advise what the local authority pay for the following training at the council:
'First Aid at Work', 'Emergency First Aid at Work', 'Paediatric First Aid', 'Emergency Paediatric First Aid', or other related training that distinctly includes the phrase 'First Aid'. I understand that this can be paid for on the basis of a per person cost, or a per course cost. Could you please denote which of these is appropriate to the current rate paid.
8. How many individuals were trained and how many training courses delivered for the following courses: 'First Aid at Work', 'Emergency First Aid at Work', 'Paediatric First Aid', 'Emergency Paediatric First Aid', or other related training that distinctly includes the phrase 'First Aid'.
9. If this training has been the subject of a procurement process can you please provide me with a copy of the successful / winning tender.
*For clarity, the details of the successful and unsuccessful suppliers are kept in the strictest confidence. These details are used only to contact and support suppliers regarding their bidding activity for the relevant contracts.
6. Unfortunately we are unable to provide in full the information you have requested. We do hold the information but an absolute exemption applies. Personal Information (Section 40,2)
Personal data of any other person (third party data) is exempt under section 40(2) if disclosure would breach one of the data protection principles. This aspect of Section 40 is an Absolute Exemption and is therefore not subject to the Public Interest Test.
The names of officers working for the Council is personal data specific to them. It is therefore subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act. Information can be withheld if its disclosure would be likely to breach one or more of the Principles of the Data Protection Act. There is no prior expectation on the part of team Managers (or other officers working below the level of Director) that their names and job titles / positions would be published into the wider public domain under FOI. A disclosure made under FOI constitutes a publication to the world at large. We believe that to disclose this would be likely to breach the first Principle of the Data Protection Act by unfairly contravening their right to privacy and confidentiality in the work place.
However, in the interests of transparency we are able to share details relating to senior officers (Director level and above). For these officers, there is already a greater expectation of openness about their role given their level of accountability for service provision and budgetary decision making. For your information please see the below link which outlines staff details of Director and above: https://www.thurrock.gov.uk/chief-executive-directors-and-services.
7. First aid at work £1296 per course of 12 people
Paediatric first aid £ £1296 per course of 12 people
Emergency first aid £348 per course of 12 people
Additional people charged at £29 per head
8. For Financial year to date – First aid at work – 5 sessions – 12 individuals on each trained
Paediatric first aid – 2 sessions – 12 individuals on each trained
Emergency first aid – 18 sessions – 12 individuals on each trained
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.