1. Can you please tell me if any of your councillors or Lord Mayor are eligible to claim money back for items of clothing?
2. If yes, could you please tell me which ones and how much they are eligible for?
3. Could you tell me how much was claimed by them for clothing allowance for 2017/18 and 2018/19?
4. Finally could you give me a list of items purchased with the clothing allowance budget? In each case, please list the claims and the name of the councillor claiming it
1. No. Councillors receive a general allowance each year for which they may choose to use to cover any costs incurred in relation to clothing.
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your FOI request you can pursue an Internal Review by contacting us using the above email address. Your request will be considered by the Strategic Lead for Information Management who will update you with the outcome of the review.
If you remain unhappy following the outcome of your Internal Review you may wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), details of this organisation can be found at www.ico.org.uk . Please be advised that the ICO will not consider your case until they have confirmation that you have already been through the Internal Review stage with the council.