1. How many non-statutory public consultations did your council run in the following calendar years:
2. How many non-statutory public meetings did your council host in the following calendar years:
To make clear, I am not asking for numbers of consultations which the council is obliged to hold, nor meetings which are obliged to be open to the public. My enquiry is regarding non-mandatory meetings and consultations which the council has chosen to run, for instance with a view to getting a deeper understanding of local people’s views on a given issue.
· Frost Estate Community Governance review – This was not a consultation but we did invite residents to submit questions, which were answered by officers and made publically available
· Thameside Complex Review – We asked users of the complex what they liked and disliked about the Review and what they would like to see in future.
3 informal consultations
b. 2016/2017 = 2 informal consultations
c. 2017/2018 = 4 informal consultations
d. 2018/2019 = 1 informal consultation
· Waste Management Working Group – Residents are taking part in a consultation about the future of waste and recycling in the borough.
2 informal consultations
The data below are consultations that have been through our online consultation portal.
2015 = 23
2016 = 14
2017 = 17
2018 = 13
2019 = 10
2020 = 4
2. We have read your request as any meetings we are not obliged to make public. All our committee meetings are public and therefore the ones listed below are those meetings that were created by Members to undertake work outside the standard meeting schedule and arguably we were not obliged to hold them or make them public.
Frost Estate Community Governance review – 2 meetings
Supporting Pathways into Work Task & Finish Group – 2 meetings
Thameside Complex Review – 3 meetings
b. 2016/2017 = None
Constitution Working Group – 2 meetings
LTC Task Force – 8 meeting
Local Development Plan Task Force – 2 meetings
Lower Thames Crossing - 6 meetings
Task and Finish Group Orsett Hospital – 2 meetings
Local Development Plan Task Force – 4 meetings
Lower Thames Crossing – 6 meetings
Task and Finish Group Orsett Hospital 1 meeting & 3 site visits
Waste Management Working Group – 5 meetings
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.