1. How many children’s playgrounds were managed by the local authority in each year from 2009-10?
2. How many children’s playgrounds (existing or planned) have been closed or cancelled because of cuts to the local authority’s budget in each year since 2009-10?
3. How much local authority money has been spent on children’s playgrounds in each year since 2009-10?
4. How many children’s playgrounds are proposed for closure within the next year?
5. Has the local authority charged for the use of any children’s playgrounds under its control and, if so, when this charge was introduced, how much was this charge introduced and how many children’s play areas the charge has applied to in each year since 2009-10?
1. There are 77 play facilities within Thurrock Council
3. Please see below:
- 2006-07 - £109,924.81
- 2007-08 - £184,411.68
- 2008-09 - £274,645.48
- 2009-10 - £278,712.50
- 2010-11 - £259,757.92
- 2011-12 - £148,909.43
- 2012-13 - £185,525.29
- 2013-14 - £182,707.44
- 2014-15 - £143,098.39
- 2015-16 - £110,876.60
- 2016-17 - £498,289.70
- 2017-18 - £611,668.67
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email email@example.com if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your request you can pursue an independent review by contacting us at the above address and your request will be considered by the Strategic Lead - Information Management who will update you with the outcome.
You may also wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office, details of this organisation can be found at www.ico.org.uk . Alternatively they can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.