Can you please provide answers to the following questions relating to Subject Access Requests (SARs)?
1. How many SARs have been made to the council in the last 12 months?
2. Please provide a breakdown of the specific departments that these SARs relate to?
3. Is there a central response to SARs or is it devolved to the departments involved?
4. How many staff deal with responses?
5. On average how many hours are spent dealing with a SAR?
6. Do you have any software to assist with SAR production?
1. In issuing our response the Council has applied S21 of the Freedom of Information Act.
This means that the information you have requested is already available elsewhere so is therefore exempt from disclosure.
The information is available at: https://democracy.thurrock.gov.uk/documents/s27206/Appendix%202%20-%20Data%20Protection.pdf
2. As above
3. There is a central response to SARs.
4. There are 5 officers in the Information Governance Team that can process a SAR, this forms only part of their duties.
5. Unfortunately Thurrock Council are unable to provide the information you have requested as this is not held.
6. Not specifically, we use PDF software to assist with redactions.
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.