1. How many Apprentices carry out Support Staff roles - can you please provide the number along with details of the roles that they are carrying out within the Schools?
2. Can you please provide details of the rate of pay for Apprentices to carry out the role of Support Staff?
3. Can you please provide the number of Agency Support Staff within LEA Schools?
4. Can you please provide details of the hourly agency rate for Support Staff within LEA Schools and the hourly rate paid to Agency Support Staff?
5. How much was spent on Agency Support Staff in total for 2017/18 and 2018/19?
6. How many Agency Support Staff have become permanent Support Staff?
7. Can you please provide details of the number of zero hours contracts issued within LEA Schools?
8. Can you please provide a breakdown of the roles within LEA Schools for which zero hours contracts are used?
If applicable, please confirm why any of the information cannot be provided and whether there are to be any charges associated with this request
1. We currently have 29 staff recruited as apprentices and studying. All are in junior roles and training at the same time as undertaking a job, we would therefore classify them support staff as opposed to managerial. We currently have no apprentices in Local Authority maintained schools.
2. Thurrock Council apprentices are paid minimum wage for their age.
3. Information not held, you will need to contact the schools directly to obtain this information, please see following web link which provides details of schools in the local authority: https://www.thurrock.gov.uk/schools-and-colleges.
4. Please see Question 3 above.
5. Please see following web link which provides information on agency spend: https://www.thurrock.gov.uk/what-we-spend/agency-spending.
6. Please see Question 3 above.
7. Please see Question 3 above.
8. Please see Question 4 above.
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email email@example.com if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your FOI request you can pursue an Internal Review by contacting us using the above email address. Your request will be considered by the Strategic Lead for Information Management who will update you with the outcome of the review.
If you remain unhappy following the outcome of your Internal Review you may wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), details of this organisation can be found at www.ico.org.uk . Please be advised that the ICO will not consider your case until they have confirmation that you have already been through the Internal Review stage with the council.