Major works in London Road, West Thurrock are taking place from May to October 2019. During this time our waste crews will start their Friday collections an hour earlier than usual, at 5am instead of 6am, to allow more time to complete their rounds.
Missed bin collection
You do not need to contact us if all the bins in your road have been missed.
If all the bins on a road have been missed, we will return to collect them within 2 working days – Monday to Friday – usually the following day.
If only your bin hasn't been collected by 6pm on the scheduled day, you should report it to us within 2 days, but only if:
- it was at the boundary of your property before 6am
- it didn't contain the wrong type of waste – see what goes in your bins
- there was no excess waste and the bin lid was shut
Reporting a missed bin
Simply login to My Account for environmental reporting, select 'Add a report' and choose 'Waste collection missed' from the category list. You can create an account if you don't already have one.
About bin collections
It's worth bearing in mind:
- more than 40,000 bins are emptied each day by 75 staff working from 25 vehicles
- we collect bins throughout the day, which means your recycling, refuse and kitchen and garden waste may be collected at different times
- drivers will only take their vehicles down a road if they decide it is safe to do so without putting other road users, property or staff at risk
- disruptions can be caused by parked vehicles blocking a road, mechanical faults and breakdowns, and adverse weather conditions
- heavy traffic, delays at tipping sites, staff sickness and other events beyond our control can mean your bin is not collected on its scheduled day
Check the bin collection day for your street.