For contracts over £75,000, we carry out a competitive tender process.
This is to make sure we get value for money.
The tendering process
We publish details online of our contract opportunities.
In our tender process, we:
- advertise contracts on our new contract opportunities web page
- sometimes precede this with a Standard Selection Questionnaire (SSQ)
- score the SSQs and invite selected suppliers to tender
- may invite suppliers for interviews and presentations, if required
- evaluate tender responses, where a panel of our officers scores the tenders against set criteria
- recommend a contract award decision
- sign the contract
- publish the tender result
These are general guidelines. The specific process might be slightly different for each contract.
You should read the tender documents carefully to understand the process you must follow in each case.