Sexual abuse

Report sexual violence

There are a number of ways you can report a crime.

You can report rape and sexual violence to Essex Police by phoning 101. In an emergency always phone 999.

Where to turn for information, advice and support

Thurrock council has child protection procedures for children experiencing sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, female genital mutilation and forced marriage.

Get information on going to court

The publication From report to Court: A handbook for adult survivors of sexual violence, tells you exactly what happens when you report a sexual offence and go to court.