Thurrock Well Homes is a scheme to improve the housing conditions and the health and well-being of residents living in private properties.
The Well Homes scheme:
- offers help to make homes safer by reducing the risk of ill health or accidents – for example, unsafe stairs or wiring, or providing improvements to your heating system
- puts residents in touch with health and lifestyle services that can improve quality of life – for example, help to stop smoking, health checks, debt advice, housing adaptations
How to get help
You will be sent a letter to let you know when an adviser will be in your area. If you aren't at home when the adviser visits, or if you would like to be visited at a different time, you can phone to make an appointment. You can also use the form below to ask for a Well Homes visit.
Well Homes advisers always carry an identification badge
The adviser will help you with a short survey about your health, home and well-being. They will note your answers on a computer so they can be shared with services that offer health support or property improvements you might need. Surveys take an average of 20 minutes to complete.
The adviser will also chat with you to find out what other help and advice they can offer, and whether your safety and well-being can be improved by dealing with any housing hazards. You should show the adviser if there is a problem you are concerned about.
Advice can be given on:
- keeping your home warm, dry and well maintained
- fire safety
- home security
- accessing healthcare
- healthy eating
- giving up smoking
- healthier drinking habits
- debt management
- gardening and handyman services
You can choose whether or not to take part but, if you do, you can be entered in a free monthly prize draw for £25 towards your gas or electricity bill.
: 01375 652 391