Adopting a child from overseas

Overseas adoption

The adoption of a child from overseas – also called 'intercountry adoption' – is complex so we advise you to find out as much as you can about the process.

There are several websites that can help but we advise you read GOV.UK: adopting a child from overseas.

You will also need to know a lot about the country you are interested in adopting from.

Who to contact

We do not deal with enquiries or assessments for the adoption of children from overseas.

If you are interested in adopting a child from overseas, you should contact Coram IAC – Intercountry Adoption Centre.

Coram IAC is the UK's only dedicated intercountry adoption charity.