We're looking for people who are happy to make space for a child in their life and their home.
You must be determined to make a real difference to a child's life, for a lifetime. You must also be:
- over 21 – there is no upper age limit
Everyone must have a medical examination and health issues will need to be assessed. We cannot place a child under 5 years-old with you if you smoke.
There are other conditions, but these are not too restrictive. Keep in mind:
- people from all ethnic origins and religions can adopt
- people with disabilities can adopt – experience of disability can be positively welcomed
- single, married, heterosexual, lesbian or gay people can adopt
- unmarried couples in England and Wales can apply to adopt jointly
- having committed an offence will not necessarily rule you out
- you do not need to own your own home
Get in touch
If you're interested in adoption, please send us your details using the adoption interest form below. You can also contact our team by phone or email.
: 0800 652 1271 (freephone)
Adopting a relative or step-child
Adoption by step-parents or relatives can offer permanency and security to a child – find out more about adopting a relative or step-child.