An emergency is something that cannot safely wait until the next working day.
Call 999 if you have an immediate life-threatening emergency.
Call 111 if you need urgent medical help but it’s not a life-threatening situation.
Rapid Response Assessment Service
Our rapid response team is made up of health and social care workers who can support you at home, helping you avoid having to go into hospital or residential care.
They can provide short-term health and social care support to people over the age of 18, who are experiencing a crisis, or may be at risk of an immediate crisis.
You can contact the Rapid Response Assessment Service below.
: 01375 896 037
For use from:
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm
- weekends and public holidays, 9am to 5pm
At other times your call will be forwarded to our Emergency Duty Team.
Emergency Duty Team
The emergency duty team provides emergency social work support outside of normal office hours.
They can deal with:
- older people who are at risk and need immediate help
- concerns about a person with a physical, sensory or learning disability
- support in coping with someone who has severe learning difficulties
- people with mental health problems who need support
: 01375 372 468
For use outside of normal office hours:
- Monday to Thursday, 4:30pm to 9am
- Friday, from 4:30pm through the weekend until 9am on Monday
- public holidays