You will need to advertise new applications or changes to an existing licence.
New and variations to an application
These must be advertised as follows:
- by prominently displaying an A4, pale blue notice which can be conveniently read from the exterior of the premises (for large buildings, the notice must be repeated every 50m) for a period of no fewer than 28 days starting from the day after the day of the application
- by publishing a notice in a local newspaper within 10 working days starting on the day after the day of making the application
The notices must state the licensable activities and briefly describe the proposed variation including:
- the name of the applicant or club
- the address of the premises
- the address (including website) of the licensing authority
- the date by which an interested party or responsible authority may make representations
- that representations shall be made in writing
- that it is an offence knowingly or recklessly to make a false statement in connection with an application and the maximum fine for which a person is liable on summary conviction for the offence
Minor variations must be advertised by displaying an A4, white notice which can be conveniently read from the exterior of the premises (additional requirements for large buildings, for example, notice every 50m) for a period of 10 working days starting on the working day after the minor variation application was submitted to us.