Hackney carriage or private hire vehicle licence

Apply for a new licence

To apply for a hackney carriage or private hire vehicle licence you need to submit:

  • a completed application form
  • the original V5C vehicle registration certificate (log book), which must be in your name and current address
  • the bill of sale
  • a MOT and compliance check
  • a valid insurance certificate
  • the application

Taxi licence – new, renewal or replacement vehicle

Where to apply

To submit an application, you will need to make an appointment with our licensing department.

You should book your appointment at least 5 working days before the licence is needed.

Licensing team
Thurrock Council, Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL.

: licensing@thurrock.gov.uk


For details of the application fee payable, go to taxi fees.