To renew a hackney carriage or private hire vehicle licence, you need to submit:
- the completed application form
- the original V5C vehicle registration certificate (log book), which must be in your name and current address
- the old licence plate and window card
- a MOT and compliance check
- a valid insurance certificate
- payment of the application fee – for details, go to taxi licensing fees
Use the online form below to renew. After submitting your renewal, you'll be asked to pay the fee online using a debit card or credit card. Your card will be checked when you pay.
At the 'Authenticating payer details' page, it's important you allow time for bank checks to take place in background – please do not refresh the page, and do not use the 'submit’ button on that page unless you've waited longer than 15 seconds.
You can contact our Licensing team if you have questions about your application.