If you've read our fostering information and are interested in becoming a foster carer, we would love to hear from you.
You can contact us in 3 ways.
You can let us know you're interested by completing our online form:
Contact us by phone or email
Our dedicated team will be happy to speak with you over the phone to answer your questions.
: 0800 652 1256 (freephone)
Speak with us face to face
You are welcome to attend any of our fostering information events.
We're looking for new or experienced carers. You don't have to live in Thurrock to be a carer for us. Whether you have been thinking about fostering for a while or are looking for new challenges, we look forward to meeting you at one of our events!
Open evenings and weekends – see a presentation on the steps to becoming a carer and hear from current carers to find out what fostering for Thurrock is really like. Presentations begin 15 minutes after the start times:
- Wednesday 24 April, 5pm to 8pm, Committee Room 1, Thurrock Council Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL
- Saturday 18 May, 10am to 1pm, Laindon Community Centre, Aston Road, Laindon, SS15 6NX
Drop-in and meet the team – join us for an informal chat:
- Friday 5 April, 10am to 3pm, Thurrock Adult Community College, Richmond Road, Grays, RM17 6DN
- Monday 8 April, 10am to 10pm, Level 2 outside M&S, intu Lakeside, West Thurrock Way, Grays, RM20 2ZP
- Tuesday 9 April, 10am to 3pm, Thurrock Garden Centre, South Road, South Ockendon, RM15 6DU
Follow us on Facebook | #makeadifference
When you apply to become a foster carer, all information you give us will be treated in confidence.
Equally, as a foster carer, you will be expected to respect the privacy of the children and families with whom you come into contact.