If you've read our fostering information and are interested in becoming a foster carer, we would love to hear from you.
You can contact us in 3 ways.
You can let us know you're interested by completing our online form:
Contact us by phone or email
Our dedicated team will be happy to speak with you over the phone to answer your questions.
: 0800 652 1256 (freephone)
Speak with us face to face
You are welcome to attend any of our fostering information events.
We're looking for new or experienced carers. You don't have to live in Thurrock to be a carer for us. Whether you have been thinking about fostering for a while or are looking for new challenges, we look forward to meeting you at one of our events!
Open evenings and weekends – see a presentation on the steps to becoming a carer and hear from current carers to find out what fostering for Thurrock is really like:
- Monday 10 December, 6pm to 8pm, Thurrock Adult Community College, Richmond Road, Grays, RM17 6DN
- Saturday 12 January, 10:30am to 12:30pm, Corringham Library, St John's Way, Corringham, SS17 7LJ
- Saturday 23 March, 9:30am to 12:30pm, La Salette Cottage Hall, 1 Rainham Road, Rainham, RM13 8SP
Drop-in and meet the team – join us for an informal chat:
- Monday 26 November to Sunday 9 December, Give a Gift Shop, Unit 7, intu Lakeside Shopping Centre, West Thurrock
- Tuesday 18 December, 1pm to 8pm, Civic Hall Christmas Market, Blackshots Lane, Grays, RM16 2JU
Follow us on Facebook | #makeadifference
When you apply to become a foster carer, all information you give us will be treated in confidence.
Equally, as a foster carer, you will be expected to respect the privacy of the children and families with whom you come into contact.