How we plan our finances


Our income to pay for services comes from several sources.

We get income from:

  • council tax payments from residents
  • business rates payments from businesses
  • rent payments from tenants
  • Revenue Support Grant from the government
  • Dedicated Schools Grant from the government
  • other grants
  • commercial income – for example, sales or tickets or assets
  • fees and charges for services
  • investments

Some of this income can be used only for specific purposes. For example, income from rent payments can be used only for our activities as a landlord, such as maintenance and repairs. The Dedicated Schools Grants can be used only as funding for schools and services for pupils.