Marriage and civil partnership registration

Marriage and civil partnership ceremonies

Go to ceremonies and venues for information on a range of ceremonies available at Thurrock Register Office and other approved premises.

British couples marrying abroad

If a British couple marries in a foreign country, the marriage is recognised under the local law of that country.

A foreign country does not include a Commonwealth country or the Republic of Ireland.

Contact the local authorities in the country where you want to get married or enter into a civil partnership to find out what you need to do.

For more information, go to GOV.UK: Getting married abroad.