School governors share a commitment to supporting a school in achieving high standards. They:
- set a school's vision, ethos and strategic direction
- hold school leaders to account for education performance
- oversee financial performance and make sure money is well spent
Becoming a governor
If you would like to get more involved in your child's school, or in any of our schools, being a governor might be a good way. Governors:
- go to regular meetings
- visit the school
- debate policies and plans
- keep an eye on income and expenditure
Some come from professional backgrounds while other bring more general life experiences.
For information on how to become a governor for a school in Thurrock, you should contact the school direct.
You can find contact details on our listings of:
The National Governors Association has a lot of useful information on training and other issues.