Temporary event notice


A Temporary Event Notice (TEN) is required if you want to carry out a ‘licensable activity’ on unlicensed premises.

Licensable activity includes:

  • selling alcohol
  • serving alcohol to members of a private club
  • providing entertainment, such as music, dancing or indoor sporting events
  • serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am

Restrictions and conditions apply.

For more information, go to GOV.UK: Temporary Events Notice.

How to apply

You must apply for a TEN at least 10 working days before your event. The date of submitting the TEN and the day of the event are not included in the total number of working days before the event.

You can apply for a ‘late TEN’ up to 5 working days before the event.

Copies of the TEN must be sent to the police and our environmental health service at least 10 working days before the event. If you apply online, we will do this for you.

When applying, you must pay a £21 fee.

Apply for a Temporary Event Notice