A Temporary Event Notice (TEN) is required if you want to carry out a ‘licensable activity’ on unlicensed premises.
Licensable activity includes:
- selling alcohol
- serving alcohol to members of a private club
- providing entertainment, such as music, dancing or indoor sporting events
- serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am
Restrictions and conditions apply.
How to apply
When applying for a TEN:
- you must do so at least 10 working days before your event
- you can apply for a ‘late TEN’ up to 5 working days before the event
- you need to pay a £21 fee
- you must send a copy of the TEN to the police and environmental health, at least 10 working days before the event – if you apply online, we will do this for you
- the date of submitting the TEN and the day of the event are not included in the total number of working days before the event