We monitor and support the education of looked-after children.
Services provided by the virtual school include:
- development of Personal Education Plans (PEPs)
- monitoring of progress and advising about intervention
- behavioural support for looked-after children
- support for transition of looked-after children from primary to secondary school and post 16s training available through the virtual school
- help with attachment difficulties
- help with emotional barriers to learning
- supporting children with behavioural difficulties in school
- working effectively with social services and foster carers and educational settings
- schools' legal responsibilities for looked-after children
- anger management programmes
The staff and consultants who work for the virtual school have a broad range of expertise. They also have a deep understanding of the needs and specific difficulties faced by looked-after children.