Thurrock's Next Top Boss gives young people the chance to work with employers on real business challenges. They learn about a range of career opportunities and the skills employers really want, as well as getting real-life experiences that aren't in any text book. It's a chance for young people to show employers what they can do – it looks great on a CV or an application for promotion.
Local employers want skilled and talented young people to take up new, exciting employment opportunities. They need the best possible workforce to secure the success of their business. Schools, colleges and other educational organisations nominate young people to be involved each year.
Thurrock's Next Top Boss:
- develops the talent of local young people aged 14 to 25 in education to help local businesses recruit locally
- promotes young people's self-confidence, aspiration and ambition
- supports young people to become work-ready and business-ready
- supports Thurrock's business base, local enterprise, innovation and economic growth
- raises the profile of Thurrock as an innovative and progressive place to invest
How it works
The stages for getting involved are:
- stage 1 – a presentation via video showcasing previous winners, with employers giving their opinion on why students should get involved
- stage 2 – Thurrock’s Next Top Boss is launched at an 'Opportunity Thurrock' event
- stage 3 – the business challenge is set by employer partners, involving external links, visits and presentations to the ‘top bosses’ of companies
- stage 4 – the judging panel (employers)
- stage 5 – a business networking and awards event for members of the winning teams from stage 3 in each organisation, with their employer and education partners
Thurrock's Next Top Boss takes place each year from 1 September to 31 March.
Contact us to find out more about how you or your organisation can become involved.