Thurrock's Youth Cabinet is a group of 11 to 19 year olds, who work to make Thurrock a better place for young people.
The Youth Cabinet was set up to give the young people of Thurrock a voice. Youth Cabinet members regularly meet with councillors, council officers and other decision makers to give their views on:
- public transport
- school curriculum
- youth activities
- police and community safety
How it works
Thurrock's Youth Cabinet works by:
- holding monthly meetings with guest speakers covering different youth issues
- carrying out surveys to get young people's views
- campaigning on matters affecting youth
- attending and organising events
How to join
If you are a young person who lives or goes to school in Thurrock, you can apply to join the Youth Cabinet.