Child sexual exploitation

Help and advice for parents and adults

Don't mask the problem – report it.

If you feel that a child is at immediate risk of harm, call the police on 999 – they will be able to provide an immediate response.

Alternatively, you can call Essex Police at any time.

Essex Police

: 101 - non-emergency calls

Call 999 in an emergency such as when a crime is in progress, a life is in danger or violence is being used or threatened.

If you don't believe the risk needs immediate action, contact our specialist team for children:

Children's Services initial response
Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH), Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL

: 01375 652 802


You will get to speak to a social worker from our multi-agency team. The social worker will need to find out as much information as possible.

Support on the web for parents

You can get information and support from the following organisations: