This Community Environmental Development Fund supports communities and makes a real difference to the quality of life of people living in Thurrock. The deadline for grant applications is 11:59pm, Sunday 18 September 2022.
Community grants and funding
Giving for Thurrock, incorporating Thurrock Community Chest, provides funding to hundreds of local charities, community groups, individuals and organisations, helping them support people in Thurrock.
The fund is run by Thurrock Community and Voluntary Services (CVS) with the belief that:
- everyone in Thurrock should live the best life they can and lack of finances, support or opportunity should not hold them back
- funding sourced and raised in Thurrock should stay in Thurrock for Thurrock people
- we should all work together to make a real change to the lives of local people
Apply for funding
Giving for Thurrock accepts funding applications for Thurrock-based projects or activities that meet its criteria.
Funds can be used to support a range of expenses – for example, equipment, training, respite care – as long as those who benefit live in Thurrock.
Support for Giving for Thurrock
You can support local communities through Giving for Thurrock by:
- raising money through payroll giving
- raising money as you shop online with Give as You Live
- making a donation through the Thurrock CVS website
- attending or organising a fund raising event
- volunteering in Thurrock
- gifting prizes for raffles at Giving for Thurrock events
- becoming a business partner adopting Giving for Thurrock as your organisational charity
Any donations you make today will go to support people in Thurrock all year long – go to Thurrock CVS: Giving for Thurrock.