This Community Environmental Development Fund benefits local people by supporting them to improve the environment of the borough, or to increase safety in communities or on our highways. The deadline for grant applications is 11:59pm, 30 August 2020.
Community grants and funding
The Community Environmental Development Fund (CEDF) benefits local people by supporting them to improve the environment of the borough, or to increase safety in communities or on our highways.
The fund will support projects that either:
- renew, improve or create a capital or fixed asset – that is, land, buildings or equipment
- improve the appearance of the borough
- transform or improve the quality or safety of residential streets – for example, repair of paths, or practical ways to prevent fly-tipping
This year we are keen to understand how your proposal helps build resilience within communities, post-coronavirus (COVID-19), and how investing in your project will help longer-term sustainability.
Who can apply
Grants will be awarded for projects and activities where there is evidence that they:
- meet a community need
- are value for money
- are well planned, consider potential risks and will be well managed
- have long-term benefits
- make a difference to the community
- can get 10% of capital funds from another source
- can keep going without further funding from the council
- have expenditure that can be accounted, with evidence through receipts
- follow government guidelines for the effective control of coronavirus (COVID-19)
We will not award grants for ineligible programmes such as:
- fundraising or campaign activities
- administrative costs or recoverable VAT
- projects or activities that have already taken place
- feasibility studies
- organisations that failed to meet the terms and conditions of funding in previous years
- on-going maintenance costs of projects supported by the CEDF
- projects with no long-term sustainability
- projects relating to the purchase or installation of Christmas lights
- projects that don't adhere to government guidelines for controlling coronavirus (COVID-19)
You can apply for the CEDF if you are either:
- a community group with a constitution or set of rules that clearly define your group's aims, objectives and procedures, and with a bank or building society account in the name of your organisation that requires at least 2 signatures on each cheque or withdrawal
- an individual with a constituted community group that is able to take receipt of the grant, with a bank or building society account in the name of the group that requires at least 2 signatures on each cheque or withdrawal
How to apply
You can apply by completing and sending us the application form below.
Community Environmental Development Fund (CEDF) forms
You should include as much detail as possible about:
- actual or estimated costs
- actual or estimated funds to be raised from other sources
Projects must raise at least 10% of their total capital cost from either:
- resident contributions
- grant funding from other sources
The higher their proportion of funding from other sources, the more likely it is that suitable applicants will be successful.
Applications must be received by us no later than 11:59pm, Sunday 30 August 2020.
You can read about previous grant awards below.