Dropped kerbs

Crossing ownership

When you pay for a vehicle crossing to be constructed you are not purchasing an area of footway or the carriageway area in front of the crossing – this remains public property.

The payment is for alterations to the structure of the public footway to allow vehicle access to and from your property.

The crossing is NOT a parking area – at no time shall any part of a vehicle be permitted to overhang or obstruct the pedestrian footway.