Education for looked after children

Further or higher education

You may choose to stay at school and go into years 12 and 13, or enter a sixth-form college, apply for university or a college of further education and training, or consider an apprenticeship or work-based training.

Your social worker, carer and school will help you to plan your future. You will have a pathway plan that will cover things about what you decide to do in your future.

We will continue to give you support to continue your education up to the age of 21 and beyond if this is to finish a course that you have already started.