Get involved as a council tenant or leaseholder
There are lots of ways you can be involved in shaping and improving the services you get as a tenant or leaseholder.
Residents' groups and associations
Local residents groups are an ideal place for you to speak about issues that are affecting you in your local area. They:
- tackle a range of local concerns
- organise fun events that bring the community together
- are chaired by a local resident
- are supported by our housing officers, who attend meetings
- can be open to all local residents, not just council tenants and leaseholders
Groups across the borough are always looking for new members from their community. We currently support several groups – you can check the dates and times of resident group meetings.
Contact us if you would like to set-up a group for your local area and would like our support.
We would also like to hear from our younger residents – contact us if you would like to help set-up a young residents group.
Our Excellence Panel works to get the best standards of housing service for all council tenants and leaseholders in Thurrock. It helps assess the housing service and how it can be improved.
Being part of the Excellence Panel is a great way to help shape the future housing in of your borough.
Sheltered housing forum
If you live in sheltered housing you can attend forum meetings twice a year to:
- meet with residents from other complexes
- get involved with organising the 'All our Yesteryears' event that takes place each October
There are also regular local meetings at each sheltered housing complex, where you can talk about local issues and get answers to your questions. Contact your Sheltered Housing Officer for more information.
Other ways to get involved
You can also get involved by:
- volunteering – become a housing volunteer, with training and expenses paid
- having your say online – take part in a local consultation
You can find out more about what’s available in your area by checking:
- what’s on in Thurrock
- what’s on for young people
- what's on at your library
- community hubs and community centres
- community forums
- children’s centres
Keep in touch
We want to support communities in developing their area and making it a nice place to live.
You can keep in touch by joining our Facebook: Thurrock Resident Engagement group, which has information on residents' events and training opportunities. You can share your own local information and connect with others in your community.
Tell us what issues are affecting you and your family – and how you would like to be involved in dealing with them – by joining our resident involvement register.
You can contact us direct by email, below.