Help to improve your private housing

Private housing grants and loans

There are several different types of help available.

Help with energy efficiency

You should ask your energy provider about energy efficiency measures such as improved boilers, loft insulation and cavity wall insulation. You can ask other energy providers if your own doesn't offer assistance.

Help is available via the government Green Deal initiative.

The Green Deal lets the occupier pay for some or all of the improvements over time through their electricity bill. Repayments should be no more than what a typical household should save in energy costs.

Contact the Energy Advice Service:

Energy Advice Service

: 0300 123 1234

Well Homes

Limited financial assistance towards repairs is available under our Well Homes scheme.