South Essex College has campuses in Thurrock, Basildon and Southend. It offers a wide range of courses across its campuses, including the example course below.
For full details of all courses, go to South Essex College: courses.
Pathways to Independence – Entry Level to Level 1
This is an ideal course for developing the skills required to gain employment.
- an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- successful attendance at interview
- show an ability to work at the required level in an assessment
- strengths and qualities required for the workplace
- preparing for the workplace, enterprise, exploring job opportunities, maintaining standards
- maths and English
- attend employment-related workshops
- take part in employer-related community projects
- work experience or voluntary placement
Assessment and feedback:
- by portfolio