Thurrock Adult Community College
Thurrock Adult Community College offers study programmes for high-needs learners.
Students must have an education, health and care (EHC) plan in place before enrolment.
Full-time study programmes include:
- Managing Transitions into Adulthood (MTA)
- Towards Independent Living (TIL)
Both programmes support young people with learning difficulties:
- through the transition into adulthood
- to develop their skills for greater independence
- to develop their physical and mental well-being
The college works with Thurrock Lifestyle Solutions to create a personalised programme for each learner, taking into account their interests and goals for the future.
The young people are encouraged to identify their own challenging targets through activities in the college, outdoors and in the local community.
English, maths and digital skills are embedded throughout. Where appropriate, learners are supported to develop their employability skills through a range of work experiences.