Fly-tipping damages the environment and is a health hazard that attracts vermin.
Examples of commonly dumped waste include:
- large household items such as fridges, sofas or mattresses
- garden waste
- builders' rubble
- clinical waste
You can dispose of large objects responsibly by:
- booking a bulky waste collection
- taking them to the Linford Household Waste and Recycling Centre ('the tip')
- contacting The Re-use Partnership (TRUP)
- hiring a waste removal service – you could be fined if they fly-tip your waste, so check they're registered first by going to GOV.UK: public register for environmental information
Large-scale fly-tipping is a crime. If you see it happening, or find rubbish that has been dumped, please report it to us.
The more information you can provide, the more likely it is we'll get a successful prosecution. Even small-scale fly-tipping could result in a £400 fine.