The site is in Buckingham Hill Road, Linford, SS17 0PP – find out how to get to the tip.
Bring proof of address such as council tax or utility bill, as you will be asked to prove you're a Thurrock resident – the tip is then free to use
The site – formerly called Linford Civic Amenity Site – is open Monday to Sunday:
- 8am to 5pm, from 1 March to 31 October
- 8am to 4pm, from 1 November to 28/29 February
Entrance gates will usually close 15 minutes prior to closing time to allow residents time to unload their vehicles – this is a requirement of the site permit.
At Christmas and New Year the following changes apply:
- Christmas Eve – open 8am to 1pm
- Christmas Day – closed
- Boxing Day – closed
- New Years Day – closed
The site is open at its usual hours throughout Easter weekend and on all bank holiday Mondays.
Residents who wish to use a van, lorry or trailer to dispose of their household waste must have a valid permit to access the site.
What is and isn't accepted
The following items are accepted:
- all type of household waste
- items for re-use and recycling such as cardboard, furniture, paint, soil and hardcore
- electrical items – anything that has a plug or uses a battery
- non-recyclable waste such as carpets, mattresses, polystyrene, cartons and Tetra Paks
The following items are not accepted:
Check what you can take to the tip – including limits on amounts – before going to the site.
To find out how to dispose of your unwanted items, view our A to Z of waste and recycling.
At the tip
Be aware that:
- a height barrier of 1.8m (6ft) is in place but there is a separate traffic lane for van use
- wheel barrows and trolleys are provided
- you can ask a member of staff if you are disabled or require any help
- children should be supervised and kept in the vehicle at all times