There will be no access to the Household Waste and Recycling Centre via Buckingham Hill Road from the A1013 Stanford Road during weekend-long closures of the A13 this year. The site will remain open but visitors must access it from the Linford end, not the Stanford Road end. Go to our A13 roadworks pages for more details.
Linford Household Waste and Recycling Centre (the tip)
The site is in Buckingham Hill Road, Linford, SS17 0PP – find out how to get to the tip.
Bring proof of address such as council tax or utility bill, as you will be asked to prove you're a Thurrock resident – the tip is then free to use
The site – formerly called Linford Civic Amenity Site – is open Monday to Sunday:
- 8am to 5pm, from 1 March to 31 October
- 8am to 4pm, from 1 November to 28/29 February
Entrance gates will usually close 15 minutes prior to closing time to allow residents time to unload their vehicles – this is a requirement of the site permit.
At Christmas and New Year the following changes apply:
- Christmas Eve – open 8am to 1pm
- Christmas Day – closed
- Boxing Day – closed
- New Years Day – closed
The site is open at its usual hours throughout Easter weekend and on all bank holiday Mondays.
Residents who wish to use a van, lorry or trailer to dispose of their household waste must have a valid permit to access the site.
What is and isn't accepted
The following items are accepted:
- all type of household waste
- items for re-use and recycling such as cardboard, furniture, paint, soil and hardcore
- electrical items – anything that has a plug or uses a battery
- non-recyclable waste such as carpets, mattresses, polystyrene, cartons and Tetra Paks
The following items are not accepted:
Check what you can take to the tip – including limits on amounts – before going to the site.
To find out how to dispose of your unwanted items, view our A to Z of waste and recycling.
At the tip
Be aware that:
- a height barrier of 1.8m (6ft) is in place but there is a separate traffic lane for van use
- wheel barrows and trolleys are provided
- you can ask a member of staff if you are disabled or require any help
- children should be supervised and kept in the vehicle at all times