The Household Waste and Recycling Centre is in Buckingham Hill Road, Linford, SS17 0PP.
You must bring proof of address, such as council tax or utility bill, as you will be asked to prove you're a Thurrock resident – the tip is then free to use.
Trade waste is not accepted at the HWRC and will be challenged.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) safety
To protect residents and staff from coronavirus (COVID-19):
- only 7 cars are allowed on site at a time
- staff will direct drivers where to park
- only 1 person will be allowed to leave each vehicle
- only 1 person will be allowed on each walkway or set of steps
- the person leaving the vehicle must be able to dispose of their waste properly without help
- 2 metres distance must be maintained between everyone on site
- residents are strongly advised to bring and wear their own face covering
Queuing time to enter the site can be up to 1 hour during busy periods.
Vehicles with trailers
Vehicles with trailers are not be allowed to enter the site until further notice.
Opening dates and times
The site is open Monday to Sunday:
- 8am to 5pm, from 1 March to 31 October
- 8am to 4pm, from 1 November to 28/29 February
Entrance gates will be closed 15 minutes before the site closing time to allow time for residents to unload their vehicles.
At Easter, Christmas and New Year the following changes apply:
- Easter Sunday – closed
- Christmas Eve – open 8am to 1pm
- Christmas Day – closed
- Boxing Day – closed
- New Year’s Eve – closed
- New Year’s Day – closed
The site is open at its usual hours during other Easter weekend days and all bank holidays.
What is and isn't accepted
Before going to the site, check what you can and can't take to the tip.
For more advice on how to dispose of unwanted items, go to our A to Z of waste and recycling.
Vans and lorries
Residents who wish to use a van or lorry to dispose of their household waste must have a valid permit to access the site.
There is a height barrier of 1.8 metres (6 feet) at the entrance, with a separate traffic lane for van and lorry users who have a permit.