You agree to pay your rent and charges regularly when you sign an agreement to become a council tenant.
You must pay your rent in advance.
You can either:
- pay your rent every week for the week ahead
- pay your rent every month for the month ahead, by direct debit or standing order
The easiest way to pay your rent and other regular payments is by Direct Debit.
It's also quick and easy to pay online using a debit or credit card. You will need to your 10-digit rent account number.
Go to how to pay your rent and charges for other ways to pay.
Your rent statement
Your rent statement tells you:
- what rent you have been charged
- the payments you have made
- any housing benefit you have received
We no longer send rent statement letters in the post.
You can login online to get your latest rent statement and check how much you must pay.
You will need to register first if you don't already have a username and password for our online housing services. You can do this by going to 'council housing services online', above, and then selecting the 'create an account' button.