Sustainability appraisals look at the economic, social and environmental impact of plans. These appraisals are an essential part of making a good Local Plan. There is more risk of a plan being challenged on legal grounds if we do not carry out a proper sustainability appraisal.
The sustainability appraisal for Thurrock's new Local Plan includes:
- a health impact assessment
- an equalities impact assessment
- a habitats screening assessment
The first stage in a Local Plan sustainability process is the preparation of a 'scoping report'. This sets out:
- the context in which the plan is being prepared
- our sustainability objectives
- how we will carry out the assessment
- the relevant environmental, economic and social issues
Our consultation on the document below ended on 11 April 2016. We are reviewing comments received and will publish a final Sustainability Appraisal scoping report in September 2016.
Local Plan - Sustainability Appraisal scoping report consultation