A child or young person has special educational needs (SEN) if they have a learning difficulty or disability that means special arrangements have to be made for their education.
If you are worried that your children has special educational needs, you can get information and advice:
- online from our special educational needs and disability 'Local Offer' directory web pages
- by phone or email from Parent Advisory Team Thurrock (PATT), which provides independent information, advice and support services (IASS)
- by speaking with your GP and heath visitor
We also provide information on:
- education, health and care (EHC) needs assessments
- early years support
- support for school-aged children
- further education support
You can find detailed information the accessibility of places around Thurrock at AccessAble: Thurrock.
If you have tried all the support services above and would still like to contact our special education needs team, you can do so by email or phone.
: 01375 652 555
We acknowledge emails automatically and reply to email or phone messages within 5 working days.