Volunteering with the council
Volunteering is about doing something to benefits others, not for financial gain.
Volunteering can take many different forms such as:
- helping with activities in children centres
- helping train people to use computers
- supporting youth clubs
- helping to run events
- befriending others
Volunteering has many benefits, such as:
- gaining new experience
- enhancing your skills
- adding something new to your CV
- building confidence
- making new friends
- feeling good about helping others
If you are interested in volunteering with us have a look at our list of opportunities.
Other local volunteering opportunities are advertised through the Volunteer Essex website.
The volunteers online network is a place where volunteers can:
- share experiences
- ask questions
- talk about the things that matter to them