Return dates for loaned items have been extended until the end of July so you don't need to renew. All fines for overdue items will be waived. You cannot reserve or return books at present – please keep hold of your borrowed items and do not put them in library book drops or letterboxes.
History research at your library
A Thurrock or Essex County Council library card is all you need, but you can only access Ancestry and Find My Past through our library computers. You can use library computers for up to 2 hours a day.
As well as books on how to research your family, Grays library has a collection of family history resources on the first floor:
- Thurrock parish registers – births, deaths, marriages – on microfilm
- Thurrock census returns on microfilm 1841-1891
- Thurrock census returns on microfiche 1901
- indexes to census returns 1851,1881
- Thurrock electoral registers 1936-2001
Login to your library account for advice on how to access these services while our library buildings are temporarily closed due to coronavirus (COVID-19).