Libraries have re-opened for pre-booked computer sessions, returning borrowed items and collecting new requested items, but not browsing shelves. Items borrowed after 15 October have had loan dates extended to 1 May. Go to coronavirus (COVID-19) safety.
History research at your library
A Thurrock or Essex County Council library card is all you need, but you can only access Ancestry and Find My Past through our library computers. You can use library computers for up to 2 hours a day.
As well as books on how to research your family, Grays library has a collection of family history resources on the first floor:
- Thurrock parish registers – births, deaths, marriages – on microfilm
- Thurrock census returns on microfilm 1841-1891
- Thurrock census returns on microfiche 1901
- indexes to census returns 1851,1881
- Thurrock electoral registers 1936-2001
Login to your library account for advice on how to access these services while our library buildings are temporarily closed due to coronavirus (COVID-19).