Make a building control application

Make an application

There are 4 different types of building regulation applications.

Full plans submission

Full plans submissions can apply to any type of building work but must be always submitted for works on commercial buildings, schools, shops, offices, railway premises, factories and hotels.

Building notice submission

Building notice submissions can be used only for minor domestic works such as alterations and extensions. This process does not involve the approving or rejecting of plans.

Regularisation application

Building work is considered unauthorised when carried out without building control consent having first been received. Consent can still be sought, however, by applying for a regularisation certificate.

Demolition application

You must usually give at least 6 weeks notice of building demolition work you intend to undertake. It is an offence to commence demolition without giving notice.

Contact us

Our application pages give guidance on each type of submission or request. You can contact us if you need further advice.

Building Control

: 01375 652 655