Demolishing part or all of a building should be undertaken by a competent person or contractor. It is the owner's responsibility to make sure it is carried out in a safe manner and all relevant notifications are given.
You must give us at least 6 weeks notice of any intended demolition work that involves all or part of any building unless it is:
- as a result of a demolition order issued by the council
- an internal part of an occupied building that will continue to be occupied
- a building less than 50 cubic metres externally measured
- a greenhouse, conservatory, shed or prefabricated garage even if it is part of a larger building
- an agricultural building which is not contiguous to another building
Please read our demolition application guidance.
You can download a form below to print, complete and send by post.
Building control demolition application