Mental health

Where to get help if you have a problem

If you or a person you care for is experiencing a mental health crisis, or is at risk of hurting themselves or someone else, you should get emergency help.

If you need support for your mental health, you can ask your GP. They will be familiar with your medical history and be able to get you to the right treatment.

Don't feel worried about going to the doctor – your GP is there to help with your mental health as well as your physical health.

Your GP may refer you to either:

Find out about the types of mental health support available.