If you own a business and you live or work in one of the Grays town centre controlled parking zones or Stanford-le-Hope parking permit areas, you may be eligible to apply for a permit to park there.
This permit allows you to park your vehicle:
- in a permit holders-only bay within the relevant zone or area
- in a shared-use parking bay – this is a bay that can be used by parking permit holders and motorists who display a valid pay-and-display ticket
- at the location for which you have a Thurrock Council permit to carry out works, as long as you don't cause a parking obstruction
Business parking permits are issued for 1 month, 6 months or 1 year. The charges are as follows.
|Business parking permit for 1 month||£42|
|Business parking permit for 6 months||£210|
|Business parking permit for 1 year||£380|
Apply for a business parking permit
All permits issued from 29 March 2022 will be electronic permits online, not paper permits for display in your vehicle – read more about changes to how parking permits are issued.
Use our online My Account service to apply for a business parking permit below. You can register to create a new account if you don't already have one.
When you login, you will be shown:
- Permits – a list of your electronic permits and their current status (older paper permits are not listed)
- Permit Applications Available – a list of the types of parking permit for which you can apply.
Under 'Permit Applications Available', go to the 'Business Parking Permit' option and use its 'Apply' button.
Applications and renewals must be supported by:
- proof of business address – your business rates bill
- proof of company employment
- vehicle registration document
- proof of works to be undertaken – a works permit from Thurrock Council