Carers parking permits
If you live in a resident parking zone and need home visits from a carer, or more than one carer, you can apply for a carers parking permit.
Carers parking permits are free.
You may apply for only 1 carers parking permit per household.
Apply for a carers parking permit
All permits issued from 29 March 2022 will be electronic permits online, not paper permits for display in your vehicle – read more about changes to how parking permits are issued.
Use our online My Account service to apply for a carers parking permit below. You can register to create a new account if you don't already have one.
When you login, you will be shown:
- Permits – a list of your electronic permits and their current status (older paper permits are not listed)
- Permit Applications Available – a list of the types of parking permit for which you can apply.
Under 'Permit Applications Available', go to the 'Carers Parking Permit' option and use its 'Apply' button.
When applying, you will be asked to upload images that show:
- proof of residency – council tax bill, rent card, or a bank statement or utility bill from last 3 months
- proof of care – receipt of direct payments for care, or confirmation from a GP of receipt of care
If you don't receive care through Thurrock Council, you must also provide:
- a letter confirming you need home visits from your care provider – this must be from your doctor (GP) or a healthcare specialist – dated within 3 months
- a welfare benefit entitlement letter confirming you receive the care component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)