Speech, language and communication support

Specialist national information

These national organisations can help you find support across the country.

ACE Centre

ACE Centre offers information on assisted and augmented communication and communication aids.

Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice (ASLTIP)

ASLTIP offers information and help in searching for a private speech and language therapist. Go to ASLTIP: find a speech therapist.

Cleft Lip and Palate Association (CLAPA)

The Cleft Lip and Palate Association website answers some of commonly asked questions about cleft lip and palate.


I CAN is a charity that helps children with speech and language difficulties. I CAN provides a unique combination of specialist therapy, teaching and care for children, information for families, and training for teachers and other professionals.

National Autistic Society

The National Autistic Society is the UK's leading charity for people affected by autism. The charity provides a wide range of services, advice and support.

Stamma – the British Stammering Association

Stamma offers information, support and a listening ear, speak to someone on the confidential, local rate helpline.